This week was design week for ds106. It was kind of a week of ups and downs but in the end I think I am a fan of design. Here is a quick review of everything that I did this week.
This week we had to go on a Design Safari and look for different example of design that we had talked about and find them in the world. I found this pretty fun to do and not nearly as hard as I thought it might be. Design is all around us, even more than I could have ever guessed.
This week we had to do fifteen points of design assignments. Here are the ones I choose:
- Minimalist TV/Movie Poster which was worth three and a half stars and can be found here
- A Place I’ve Never Been which was worth two stars and can be found here
- Lyric Typography Poster which is worth two stars and can be found here and then redone here
- One Story/Four Icons which is worth two stars and can be found here
- ds106 Bumper Sticker which is worth two stars and can be found here
- Greetings from ds106 which is worth two stars and can be found here
- If Movie Posters Told the Truth which is worth three stars and can be found here
In total I did sixteen and a half stars!
Here is my favorite thing that I made this week:
This week we had to do three daily creates. Here are the three that I did:
You can read more about them here.
My group (Kaitlyn, Kelsie, Brooke, and Sarah) got together this week and decided exactly what we are going to do for our project. In short we are doing interviews of different celebrities that Taylor Swift has dated and asking them if the new song she was written is about them. The way we are going to do our interviews is by taking clips of them in previous interviews and matching them to go along with the questions we are asking them about Taylor and her new song. We also came up with our logo. We ended up picking this one for our group:
You can read more about what we have planned here.